Ecdpm has published a Dossier on the EPAs, answering with maps and key datas the frequently asked questions on the topic:
- What are EPAs?
- Who is concerned so far?
- Why negotiate EPAs?
- From Lomé Preferences to EPAs: What were the key milestones?
- Who negotiated EPAs and under what regional configuration?
- How do EPAs relate to existing regional economic communities?
- Why conclude EPAs before 1st October 2014?
- Does the deadline imply that EPA negotiations are over?
- Who will be covered by EPAs and what trade regimes will apply to my country/region after October 2014?
- What do EPAs cover?
- Who trades what in ECOWAS, SADC and EAC EPAs?
- What are the main products excluded from liberalisation in SACU and ECOWAS?
- What were the key issues that were the more difficult to agree upon?
- EPAs were meant to be development tools: what’s in the EPAs for development?
- EPAs have been widely debated. What were the key concerns?
Download Dossier (12 p.) : http://ecdpm.org/wp-content/uploads/ECDPM-29-09-14-EPA-QA.pdf