This issue of GREAT insights brings together a number of key insights on the dynamics of moving towards better integration into regional and global value chains, focusing on a range of opportunities, challenges and policy recommendations. While these remain country and context specific, the balance in unleashing market forces and harnessing them to sustainable and inclusive development objectives stands as a critical concern for all stakeholders.
- The return of industrial policy in Africa
- Are global value chains good new for Africa’s industrialisation?
- Global value chains in perspective
- Paved with good intentions: Global value chains and industrialisation in Africa
- Understanding who benefits from gold mining
- Transforming Africa through agricultural sophistication
- Constructing market through value chains: For whose benefit?
- Can Africa learn from East Asian production networks?
- Economic Transformation in Mauritius: A Heterodox Journey