Our history

Inter-réseaux Développement rural was born in 1996 from the merger of several thematic networks on rural development, including "Groupements, associations villageoises organisations paysannes" (GAO), "Search-Développement" and "Stratégies Alimentaires". Initially attached to Adeprina (Association for the development and promotion of research and innovation at AgroParisTech), the network became an association under the French law of 1901 in 2005 to guarantee its decision-making autonomy. The statutes were thoroughly revised in 2017 to better reflect the diversity of its members.

In 2012, while membership was individual, the network opened to European and African organizations. This opening launched a new dynamic of exchanges and joint actions within the network. Since then, new members are regularly welcomed and contribute to enrich the network.

In 2017, the second Strategic Direction Plan of Inter-Networks was built, which spans the period 2018-2022.

In 2019, the creation of an Inter-Network Charter reaffirmed the network's shared values and commitments.

City of Sustainable Development

Since its arrival in 2019 on the campus of the Tropical Agronomy Garden - René Dumont, Inter-réseaux is a member of the Cité du Développement Durable which, in a multi-network spirit, brings together research and teaching institutes, NGOs, etc., mobilized for sustainable development in France and around the world.