Presentation of the member
AVSF is an NGO that has been accompanying peasant families for 35 years. By putting at their service the skills of professionals in agriculture, animal husbandry and animal health, it helps them to : 1) obtain better living conditions, 2) better manage natural resources, 3) gain better recognition of their role in society, 4) participate in the socio-economic development of their region. AVSF is a recognized public utility association.
AVSF cooperates with POs and institutions in rural development on three priority areas of action:
- Agricultural production and sustainable management of natural resources (water, land, forests),
- Livestock, animal health and veterinary public health,
- Farmers' organizations and markets,
And 3 areas of expertise: cooperation project engineering, advocacy, provision of expertise.
AVSF has nearly 80 development projects in 20 countries in South and Central America, Haiti, Asia, Africa (Burkina Faso, Mali, Niger, Togo, Senegal) and Madagascar.
- Agro ecology, small family breeding and pastoral breeding,
- Local and international farmers' markets (fair trade and quality labelled channels),
- Sanitary defense system.
RURALTER see site : http://www.avsf.org/